A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanks

If you live in a free country, thank a veteran.  While our society may glorify or idealize war, the reality is that "War is Hell."  The price of war is a terrible cost that is paid not in money but in blood and pain by our veterans.  Yesterday I was listening to a radio program about the horrors of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and so many other horrible things that veterans face (disturbingly, women face a high risk of sexual assault).  I'm generally a hippie peacenik when it comes to war, but I am still grateful for the men and women who serve in our military and protect me.  Yesterday was Veteran's Day, so in that spirit I'll share a few good songs about the cost of war.


Eric Bogle, The Green Fields of France


Liam Clancy, And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda

1 comment: